Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Baby!!

I'm having a hard time writing this post. This day is so monumental, I want to say something profound. The reality is, I'm in love. I'm in love with you Carsyn and I love your Daddy even more because of you. And Love makes you stupid some times and I can't think of anything great to write.

This time a year ago I was in recovery and you and your Daddy were probably in the nursery. You weighed 6 lb 14 oz and my hands were so swollen I could barely bend them. Thankfully your Daddy is hands on. He changed your diapers for the first 48 hours. You were wearing itsy bitsty Newborn diapers and yesterday I just bought size 4 for the first time. Technically you can still fit the size 3, but they were getting a little snug.

You now have an extra tooth on top for a total of 3 on top and 4 on bottom.
You've totally switched to whole milk.
You are funny. You enjoy peek-a-boo. Some times you just laugh out loud. I'm sure one day you'll tell me and Daddy the story.
You have the sweetest little belly.
You are still timid with the whole walking thing. It will come.

Carsyn. This last year has flown by. I hope some day you will read this blog and enjoy it. That you will appreciate our daily life and know that your Daddy and I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet girl! Your Uncle Jeff and I love hanging out with you. Jeff really likes it now that you are an "adult." He likes it when you are silly, and I do too. I love how happy you are and how you love flirting. I can't wait to see you again, and soon you'll have a little cousin just your size to play with. That will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete