Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Foodie

Tony was out of town last night and Carsyn and I ate Sonic. All my principles and moral high ground of organics and make-your-own-baby food goes out the window when I’m playing single mom. Baby girl ate half an adult burger. She had lettuce tomato and pickles on hers. Then she had water and hormone free milk. I haven’t slipped too far down.

Then tonight she had CHICK-FIL-A. I’m not going to lie. I’m so proud that she like her fruit cup and nuggets. Then here is the exciting part. If you’re going to throw your principles out the window, go all the way. Don’t be bashful. Carsyn drank from a straw and tasted Chick-fil-a Lemonade for the first time. Compared to that crummy ol’ milk from McAlester’s, Chick-fil-a Lemonade is like sweet nectar. Who wouldn’t learn how to drink from a straw for that stuff.  Once she sucked the cup dry, she proceeded to take the straw out of the cup and try to drink straight from the lid. Clearly there was something wrong with that new fangled straw and she needed to get straight to the source. When that didn’t turn up any results, she put the straw back in cup threw the lid. I had to help her the first few times and then she did it herself. a lot. Sitting in the bathroom floor. Wrapped up in a towel. Do you see what I’m talking about? This Lemonade is powerful. When I first started working a Fresenius. The 12-15 hour days, working weekends. The only thing that lifted employee moral was that Lemonade.  So if you haven’t tried it, go get ya some!

 

I’m sorry I don’t have any pictures to share. Did I mention I was a single mom who works full time, commutes 45-hour one way to and from work, and has two dumb dogs that won’t stop barking or stay in the backyard?

No comments:

Post a Comment