Friday, April 8, 2011

Play Date

I’ve decided to make some changes. I need to get out of the house more. I go to work, come home, go to bed. Repeat. On the weekend I go to church. That’s about as exciting as my life gets. That’s not really ok. I rarely shop. For clothes or groceries. I’m not good at being out with Carsyn. So I avoid it. But that needs to change. Two summers ago, Carsyn was 6 months old. High maintenance on the outing scale. I was still nursing. Last year she was 18 months. Again high maintenance. She couldn’t talk, but wanted to be out toddling around and didn’t understand why she couldn’t. Now she’s 2. Really, there is no excuse.

 

All of that leads me to…I invited Cason out on a play date.

We headed to a great park in Colleyville. There was swinging.

P1060817

 

Slides.

P1060830 

 

Snacks.P1060818

 

Bug watching.

P1060827

 

Big kid watching.

P1060828

How cute are they! Cason is only 10 weeks younger than Carsyn. They’re pretty sweet together. The play date was a success. I got to get out of the house, talk to Cason’s momma and everyone was happy. Carsyn even had a tumble down the slide steps. She fell about 4 feet. Seriously hurt her feelings, but she was ok. I’m ok now too. Carsyn also scrapped her bottom when she tripped (that happens when you wear shorty shorts) and she pulled her pants down to her ankles. She insisted on taking them off. Yup. We’re making memories at the park.

1 comment:

  1. Carsyn I'm glad you had such a great time with your friend. Crystal I'm glad you survived one of many big falls in Carsyns life. Way to go Mom!

    ReplyDelete