Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Day in DC

Hooray! I got to go see Tony in DC. Thanks MawMaw and PawPaw for watching Carsyn! I flew in on Thursday night and Tony still had to work on Friday. No worries. I really enjoy The District (as Tony and the locals like to call it) so I was thrilled to have a day by myself to explore.

My first stop was Tony’s temporary office in L’Enfant Plaza.

P1070474

Tony working hard, not facing the window.

P1070470

 

View out the window – Yes that’s the Washington Monument. I guess if you’ve been in The District long enough, you don’t have to turn your desk around to check out the view.

P1070471

  What’d I do while Tony was at work? I walked to the Mall. Cut through the Smithsonian Castle.P1070475

Taking a few solo shots.

P1070476

Capitol.

 P1070479

 

There that pesky monument again. It’s every where you look.

P1070480

 

Up next the National Archives. A little Genealogy research. I’m a geek like that. I fully intended to eat lunch downstairs, but ended up leaving and going to Potbelly. Good choice.P1070481

 

After lunch I headed to the Museum of Natural History. Got to check out the Hope diamond. P1070487 

Me and 25 of my closest friends. Crowded!

P1070488

That thing was huge!

P1070489

 

Up next the Old Post Office Pavilion. Seemed fitting. Tony works for the Post Office. This building is where the first Post Office was in DC. See where I’m going with that.

  P1070495

 

It’s a good place to get a 360 view of The District. Little hard to tell, but that’s the Capitol behind me. Pennsylvania Ave. The road from the White House to the Capitol. The bottom left hand corner is the FBI building.

P1070502

 

Seriously. That monument won’t go away. ;-)P1070496

I was done after this. Tired feet needed to head back to the Metro before it got crowded with all those government workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment