Tuesday, May 12, 2009

4 month check up

Carsyn at her doctors appt on Friday with my phone because I'm a frazzled mom and left my camera in the Tahoe with my purse. It has taken me this long to figure out how to get the video off my phone and onto this blog. And I did want to post anything out of order.
So here we are on Friday morning getting Carsyn her next set of shots. She was very brave and strong. I know it hurt her, but we talked about it and she agreed a few moments of pain were worth it being safe from the diseases. I nursed her afterwards and she found that very comforting.
She now weights 14 lbs 13 oz.
I talked with the doctor about rice cereal (everyone’s cure all for babies that don't sleep at night). He suggested giving her a supplemental bottle of formula instead of cereal. I liked that idea, until last night when it came time to actually give it to her. I got the cans out from the cabinet (I was gifted a few and then as soon as the world hears your pregger stuff just starts showing up for free on your doorstep). I have two brands to pick from. Thus creating a small panic in my mind. Which is better? How much do I fix? They actually don't say on the can how much to fix for a 14 lbs 13 oz 4 month old baby. So what do I do...google. I love that search engine!! It takes me to BabyCenter.com, another useful site. This is where the panic grows. Supplementing formula for a feeding can cause me to not produce as much milk, Carsyn might like formula better, it might hurt her tummy, it will cause her poop to stink... and so on. Bottom line is, I didn't give her formula. Instead I nursed her at 8, 12, 2:30 and again at 7:15. This is only perpetuates the cycle of me being a crazy frazzled mom.

1 comment:

  1. Carsyn are you showing some love for your team? Go Sooners

    ReplyDelete